Has franchise fatigue doomed the excellent Andor to streaming obscurity? Or is the hype cycle about to go to hyperspace as viewers binge the full season? We’ll dissect the data then unpack our favorite moments from season 1 (don’t worry, we’ll warn you before we get to the spoilers!).
But first! Is a Fraiser reboot still a reboot if only Frasier returns? Where do we draw the line between reboot, spin-off, and spiritual successor? And if reboots are all the rage can someone do us a favor and reboot Whose Line Is It Anyway? before the series ends this winter?
Plus: The Disney Empire Strikes Back, but will the Return of the Jed-Iger bring A New Hope to the rebel alliance that ousted Emperor Bob Chapek? Will the returning Bob prove to be more of a Phantom Menace or is he the only Rogue One capable of navigating the Disney+ through the Attack of the Clones (by which we mean the ever-expanding universe of indistinguishable streaming services)?*
All that and more on this week’s Streamageddon!
*We aren’t even going to try to squeeze the sequel trilogy in there. Make of that what you will.
📺 Review: Andor (Season 1 Rewind)
🚨 Spoiler Alert: Season 1, All 12 Episodes (starting at 25:46) 🚨
- Renewal Status: Renewed for Season 2
- Where to Watch: Disney+
- Spinoffs: Uh… spoiler alert for 2016’s Rogue One
- Frasier Is Going to Be Awfully Lonely in the Reboot – Vulture
- Whose Line Is It Anyway Ending on The CW – Brandy Clark, Collider
- Walt Disney CFO, Others Brought Concerns to Board Over Bob Chapek – Robbie Whelan, Emily Glazer, Joe Flint, and Jessica Toonkel, The Wall Street Journal
- Disney pulled some funky tricks to make Disney Plus look like it's losing less money – William Hughes, A.V. Club
- ‘Andor’ Finally Topples ‘House of the Dragon’ on Most In-Demand New Shows List | Chart – Parrot Analytics, The Wrap
- Andor’s season finale solidifies it as one of Star Wars’ greatest stories – Charles Pulliam-Moore, The Verge
- What we expect to see in Andor's second season for Cassian, Mon Mothma, Kino Loy and more – Scott Huver, A.V. Club
- Andor’s Tony Gilroy is worried about more important things than discourse – Charles Pulliam-Moore, The Verge
- Andor’s designers approached it like a Star Wars period drama – Andrew Webster, The Verge
- Nicholas Britell Explains the Score of ‘Andor’ – Roxana Hadadi, Vulture