#38 – Kaleidoscope, Good Gimmicks, and Bad Vibes
Streaming is look very -ageddon in 2023...
4 months ago
We love a good storytelling gimmick and this week we’re sharing our favorites (and least favorites) as we unpack the new Netflix heist series Kaleidoscope.
Plus we answer all your burning questions, like:
- What did HBO Max erase from existence while we were on vacation?
- Who is hosting The Daily Show now that Trevor Noah is gone?
- Why is Netflix teaming up with Nike?
- And is the streaming universe doomed in 2023?!
But first it’s a surprise round of America’s favorite game: Renewed or Canceled?! Play along as Dianne guesses the fate of these streaming shows:
- 1899 (Netflix)
- 61st Street (AMC)
- Wednesday (Netflix)
- Dangerous Liaisons (Starz)
- Step Up (Starz)
Can you go 5 for 5? Lock in your guesses now and find out in this week’s episode.
📺 Review: Kaleidoscope
🚨 Spoiler Alert starting at 43:34 🚨
- Where to Watch: Netflix
- Total Episodes: 8 Episodes, 1 Season
- Renewal Status: No Renewal Announcement (Limited Series)
- Watched for Review: All 8 Episodes
Contains spoilers for “Renewed or Canceled?!”
- What’s the Best Way to Watch Randomized Heist Series Kaleidoscope? – Keith Phipps, Vulture
- Netflix’s ‘Kaleidoscope’ Invites You to Scramble Its Storyline: TV Review – Daniel D'Addario, Variety
- Kaleidoscope is a generic heist story but a fascinating experiment – Andrew Webster, The Verge
- ‘The Daily Show’ to Enter Its Guest-Host Era With Leslie Jones – Hershal Pandya, Vulture
- Chelsea Handler on New Netflix Special, Returning to Late Night – Elizabeth Wagmeister, Variety
- Nike Training Club Launches On Netflix – Armando Tinoco & Dade Hayes, Deadline
- Warner Bros. Discovery CFO: Restructuring, Write-Off Frenzy Is Over – Jennifer Maas, Variety
- HBO Max Removes 256 ‘Looney Tunes’ Shorts, Three Seasons of ‘The Flintstones’ – Todd Spangler, Variety
- ‘Dangerous Liaisons,' ‘Becoming Elizabeth’ ‘Step Up’ Pulled From Starz – Peter White, Deadline
- ‘Wednesday’ Is Returning to Nevermore for Another Semester – Jennifer Zhan, Vulture
- No, Netflix isn't going to let Prime Video get its hands on Wednesday that easily – Emma Keates, A.V. Club