#16 – Only Murders in the Building
The one with Crystal Buddiez.
We’re sending the investigation in a whole new direction this week with our impressions of Season 2 of Hulu’s hit series Only Murders in the Building. It’s a wildly inaccurate portrayal of podcasting, but a delightful and empathetic look at the cloistered lives of quirky city dwellers (Caution: Contains highly relatable and extremely awkward interactions with neighbors).
Then we’re revisiting our review of Season 1 of Showtime’s I Love That For You. It’s a series that piqued our interest but left us worried the dark twist would sink the stellar comedic performances. So, how did it turn out for Joanna Gold at SVN? You’ll have to listen to the end to find out!
📺 Review: Only Murders in the Building
🚨 Spoiler Alert for Season 1 (All Episodes) and the first 3 Episodes of Season 2 (starting at 22:49) 🚨
- Number of Seasons Overall: 2
- Where to Watch: Hulu
📼 Rewind Review: I Love That For You
🚨 Spoiler Alert for ALL EPISODES (starting at 46:45) 🚨
- Number of Seasons Overall: 1
- Where to Watch: Showtime
- Stranger Things 4 just became the second Netflix show to hit 1 billion hours viewed – David Pierce, The Verge
- ‘Stranger Things’ Spinoff and Stage Play, Stephen King’s ‘The Talisman’ Up Next for Duffer Brothers at Netflix – Lesley Goldberg, The Hollywood Reporter
- Star Wars: Andor’s Second Season Will Jump a Year Every 3 Episodes – James Whitbrook, Gizmodo
- HBO Max Halts Originals in Parts of Europe in Major Restructure – Manori Ravindran, Variety
- What’s behind HBO Max’s European Originals Strategy Change? – Georg Szalai, The Hollywood Reporter
- 'The Simpsons,' 'Family Guy,' 'American Dad!' Production and IT Workers Win Voluntary Union Recognition – Katie Kilkenny, The Hollywood Reporter
- The Wild History of the Real ‘Only Murders’ Building – Penelope Green, The New York Times