#6 – Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber
The one with the Peacockalypse!
This week we’re reviewing Showtime’s Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber and we’re so pumped we might say “super pumped” even more times than Joseph Gordon-Levitt does in the pilot.
But first, in the news: We’re super pumped for the Peacockalypse (coming this fall to Hulu!), but we’re super NOT pumped about Disney CEO Bob Chapek’s pathetic response to Florida’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill. And only time will tell if we’ll ever be super pumped for streaming news services like CNN+ and Peacock’s new “MSNBC Hub on Peacock” (in case you weren’t aware that it’s on Peacock). Oh, and for some reason Chris’s Roku wants him to know that Judge Jeanine Pirro has a thing for American castles (of which there are… many?).
📺 Review: Super Pumped: The Battle for Uber
🚨 Spoiler Alert for Episodes 1-2 (starting at 39:05) 🚨
- Episodes Watched for Review: 2
- Number of Seasons Overall: 1
- Where to Watch: Showtime
- Where to Watch the Pilot: Free on YouTube!
- Spinoffs: Supposedly in the works
- CNN+ to Cost $2.99 a Month at Launch – J. Clara Chan, The Hollywood Reporter
- After Zucker exit, CNN pushes ahead with new streaming service – Stephen Battaglio, Los Angeles Times
- MSNBC Pivots Streaming Strategy, Will Add TV Shows to Rebranded Peacock Channel – Alex Weprin, The Hollywood Reporter
- NBCU Ends Hulu Next-Day TV Deal With Disney to Keep Shows for Peacock – Todd Spangler, Variety
- Disney+ Advertising Tier: Behind a Drive for Streaming Profits – Alex Weprin, The Hollywood Reporter
- The first trailer for Obi-Wan Kenobi teases the ultimate Star Wars rematch – Chaim Gartenberg, The Verge
- Disney’s queer characters won’t hide its funding of real villains – Charles Pulliam-Moore, The Verge
- Russian Doll season 2 is coming April 20th – Charles Pulliam-Moore, The Verge
- Super Pumped: The Battle For Uber | Series Premiere | Free Full Episode – Showtime (via YouTube)