#60 – The Highs and Lows of Loki
The one where we try to escape to a better timeline.
It’s a big week for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (but please don’t make us call it that), and we’re celebrating with a deep dive into Loki ahead of this Thursday’s finale that seems destined to set up the next phase of Avengers mayhem (whether we like it or not).
We’ll be back in your feeds next week with our thoughts on the season finale, but that’s not the only Marvel-ing in the news: After months of reshoots and delays The Marvels hits theaters this weekend and promises to reunite us with some of our favorite characters from the Disney+ series WandaVision and Ms. Marvel (if only we can remember those long-ago shows).
We’ll dive deep into the interconnected Marvel mess and discuss whether the company’s new “Spotlight” branding for more standalone series will chart a new path forward.
But first! We’re asking the hard questions that the streaming universe refuses to answer:
- Just how much is a Hulu worth these days? (Disney is about to find out!)
- What’s going on with the forbidden episode of Bluey?
- Who has the better strategy to jam ads in our eyes: Netflix or Amazon?
- Why is YouTube willing to lose over a billion dollars a year just to carry NFL Sunday ticket?
- And should Marvel arch-villain Kang be replaced?? (Spoiler alert: Yes!)
📺 Review: Loki (Season 2)
🚨 Spoiler Alert: All Episodes through Season 2, Episode 5 (starting at 46:45) 🚨
- Number of Seasons Overall: 2 (Season In Progress)
- Renewal Status: Doomed to set up another movie
- Where to Watch: Disney+
- Season Finale Premiers: Thursday, November 9
- Spinoffs: It’s more like an ouroboros at this point (get it?)
- Disney to acquire remaining stake in Hulu for expected $8.6 billion – Oliver Darcy, CNN
- In a first, Marvel’s Echo is coming to both Disney Plus and Hulu at the same time – Alex Cranz, The Verge
- I watched the forbidden episode of Bluey that Disney refuses to stream – Oli Welsh, Polygon
- Netflix’s ad-supported plan will reward binge watchers with ad-free episodes – Emma Roth, The Verge
- Fire TV banner ads are about to get worse – Jared Newman, Tech Hive
- YouTube's NFL Sunday Ticket Faces $1.27 Billion in Annual Losses – Anthony Crupi, Sportico
- Numlock News: November 6, 2023 • Sunken Treasure, Leap Seconds, Blizzard – Walter Hickey, Numlock News
- NFL TV Partners in Bind Despite Massive Ratings, Record Ad Rates – Anthony Crupi, Sportico
- Marvel’s new Spotlight branding will help you cut through the MCU’s noise – Charles Pulliam-Moore, The Verge
- Inside Marvel's Jonathan Majors Problem: 'The Marvels' Reshoots, More – Tatiana Siegel, Variety
- In Marvel we no longer trust – Alex Cranz, The Verge
- Echo to launch new Marvel Studios label with less emphasis on "larger MCU continuity" – Sam Barsanti, A.V. Club
- Disney hires Loki's Benson and Morehead to try to fix its busted Daredevil show – William Hughes, A.V. Club