#55 – Why You Should Still Be Watching What We Do in the Shadows
The one where we embrace the discouraging vibes!
We’re back from our hot streaming summer vacation and ready for a sweaty (and depressing) streaming fall! We’ll summon some laughs with our review of FX stalwart What We Do in the Shadows (wrapping its fifth season this week!) and try our best to conjure some good news after a bleak August.
But first! Get excited for a surprise round of Renewed or Canceled?! (Discouraging Vibes ONLY Edition) and a deep dive into the existential questions plaguing the streaming universe:
- What exactly will be airing on network TV this fall? And just how many of those things are Bachelor-themed?
- What’s the deal with the price hikes at Disney+ and Hulu? Listen in as we struggle to understand our options in real time!
- And speaking of Disney: What are they going to do with ESPN?!
📺 Review: What We Do in the Shadows (Season 5)
🚨 Light Spoilers for this Vampire Comedy (starting at 26:15) 🚨
- Number of Seasons Overall: 5 (Season Finale This Week)
- Where to Watch: FX (Next Day on Hulu)
- Where to Stream Past Seasons: Hulu
- Fall TV Season Is Looking Mel Gibson-Bleak, and It’ll Only Get Worse – Alan Sepinwall, Rolling Stone
- Dune: Part 2 delayed into 2024 as studios really start to panic – Sam Barsanti, A.V. Club
- The Golden Bachelor takes over Grey's Anatomy's ancestral timeslot – Emma Keates, A.V. Club
- Disney Plus and Hulu are about to get even more expensive – Chris Welch, The Verge
- How ESPN Went From Disney’s Financial Engine to Its Problem – Kevin Draper, Brooks Barnes, The New York Times
- Walt Disney Pictures VFX Workers Move to Unionize – Jazz Tangcay, Variety
- 'The Idol' Canceled: The Weeknd/Sam Levinson Series Won't Get Season 2 – Selome Hailu, Variety
- 'A League Of Their Own' Canceled: No Second & Final Season On Amazon – Nellie Andreeva, Deadline
- A League Of Their Own and The Peripheral both just got their second seasons yanked away by Amazon – William Hughes, A.V. Club
- 'Nautilus' UK Series Not Going Forward At Disney+ – Nellie Andreeva, Deadline