#48 – Jury Duty on Freevee, Disney Devours Hulu (If You Want), and The Future? It’s Ads!
The one with MaxCock.
The fall TV lineup is taking shape and it’s looking bleak if you’re a fan of… scripts. We’ll have the latest on the WGA strike, plus some big reveals from the biggest streamers:
- Disney loves Hulu (and ads)
- ~~HBO~~ Max loves bundles (and ads)
- And Netflix just loves ads!
Speaking of ads, we’re diving into the FAST-paced world of Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV with Amazon Freevee and the charmingly odd original series Jury Duty.
📺 Review: Jury Duty
🚨 Spoiler Alert: First 2 Episodes (starting at 33:00) 🚨
- Renewal Status: Renewed for Season 2
- Where to Watch: Amazon Freevee (all episodes streaming)
- ABC Unveils Strike-Proof Fall 2023 Schedule – Rick Porter, The Hollywood Reporter
- ABC debuts a fall lineup almost completely devoid of writers – Mary Kate Carr, A.V. Club
- The CW Sets Acquisition-Heavy 2023-24 Schedule – Rick Porter, The Hollywood Reporter
- Jimmy Fallon's Staff Being Put On 'Unpaid Leave Of Absence' During Writers Strike – Marina Fang, HuffPost
- Disney's planning an (optional) app that will smoosh Disney+ and Hulu together – William Hughes, A.V. Club
- Hulu and Disney+ Content to Be Combined In One App, Services Stay Apart – Caitlin Huston, The Hollywood Reporter
- 'Only Murders In The Building' Gets Premiere Date On Hulu – Denise Petski, Deadline
- 'Loki' Season 2, 'Echo' Set Premiere Dates for Disney+ – Adam B. Vary, Variety
- Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav: It’s Time to Bundle More Streaming Services Together – Caitlin Huston, The Hollywood Reporter
- Warner Bros Discovery Posts Wider Loss In Q1, But Notes "Meaningful Turn" Toward Streaming Profitability A Year Ahead Of Schedule – Dade Hayes, Deadline
- Almost 5 million people are using Netflix’s ad tier – Jess Weatherbed, The Verge
- The future of streaming is ads – David Pierce, The Verge
- These are the FAST services you need to know about – Emma Roth, The Verge
- Tears of the Kingdom sold 10 million copies in just three days – Ash Parrish, The Verge